Friday, December 08, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Monochromatic Stenciled Tag by Sanna





Hello there lovelies, Sanna here again. It is again time to share another mixed media tutorial with you guys today. This time I created a monochromatic stenciled and stamped tag with a start-to-finish video.

 Here is the tag I created:

 




For this tag I've used one of my new stencils (Leaves 1) on a green toned patterned paper. I´ve added a stamped sentiment (STAMPlorations) and used two tones of green Distress Ink to color the background and to create the leaves pattern onto the background. 

I wanted to make the pattern stand out a little bit stronger, so I used a simple trick and added white gel pen outlining to the stenciled images. This way there is more contrast between the same toned paper and the inked leaves. I really like this look alot. 

For additional decor I´ve added a DIY dimentional paper flower and some glitter glue as well as the stamped sentiment. This tag is very easy to make! If you use different colours and a different stencil pattern and outline with a black pen, then the result will again be totally different. So many possibilities to use this technique on various projects!! Hope you give it a try!


Here is the start-to-finish video for you to watch:



I hope you enjoyed this little tag idea and get inspired to create something fun with stencil and stamps yourself!!! And I hope you will find some time to play along with us at the various STAMPlorations challenges!!! See you and

 Happy crafting,
xxx, Sanna

STAMPlorations/ARTplorations/CUTplorations products used:


    

4 comments:

  1. Loved your stencil techniques, Sanna. I just got my 4 new Sanna stencils, including Leaves 1. I had to play last night and came up with 2 Christmas cards using Christmas trees 1. I will be sharing in the next day or two. LOVE your stencils and your sweet tag. TFS my friend. Happy Holidays. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Nancy!!! I will be stalking your blog for those projects!!! thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and here - I´ve cherished every single one of them!!! <3 <3 can´t wait to see your projects!!! hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a great tag, I love monochromatic so much !

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)