Tuesday, July 04, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Becca Plays with Fireworks



Happy 4th of July one and all! Here in the USA we are celebrating Independence Day! I looooove to watch fireworks. Something about sitting underneath a starry sky and watching sparkly bits of fire rain down above my head really makes me feel like I'm living on the edge. I mean, who doesn't want to watch thousands of dollars literally just burn up in flames?



I really do love fireworks. I also like poking fun at things. In honor of the 4th of July, I decided to see if I could make my own sparkly firework splashes. 


I began with a sheet of black cardstock and 3 colors of Perfect Pearls - Forever Blue, Forever Red and Perfect Pearl. If you haven't used Perfect Pearls before, you're missing out on all sorts of fun. I don't pull them out often, but when I do they always give me the drama I'm seeking. If you're interested in learning more about ways to use these babies, I've got a string of tutorials up on my blog you can check out.

I put a pile of the Perfect Pearl powder onto my craft mat and added a few drops of water to each color.



Next, I destroyed a paintbrush. :) Hehe - I'll probably use this technique again in the future, so it's ok. I dipped my paintbrush into a color, being careful to dab off some of the paint so I didn't wind up with big blobs. I smooooooshed my brush onto my cardstock and let it naturally fan out. I repeated this process with all three colors.



I made a background for my firework panel by painting some shimmery white stripes onto another piece of cardstock.



I glued the two panels together, then used the Tag O'Coffee CUTplorations dies to cut out a rectangle.



I finished my card by embossing a sentiment from the Life in Full Color stamp set. Alright! Now I'm ready for the 4th of July.

If you saw something in this post that you wanted to try, or were inspired to make something of your own, then make sure to link it up to the Spotlight Gallery.

11 comments:

  1. Perfect sentiment for your very creative and fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth sacrificing a paintbrush to get those wonderful effects Becca
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool way to use Perfect Pearls! Perfect sentiment too. Your card is just fabulous! Happy 4th July for yesterday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and creative, love your fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some of these and have never used them. You inspire me. Great card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the effects you have created - so fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background, the gorgeous sparkle on the black card stock!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)